Friday, September 5, 2008

New Paintings & Queen of Shabby Blog!





Thank you all for your kind notes regarding my "Smokey" he surely is missed around here.....it helps knowing I wasnt alone in making that call..... Well, on another note here is what I have been up too....painting of course.... here is a pretty antique table I painted all free hand, even the scrolls....I love how it came out. I plan on doing more furniture soon. On another note I was so thrilled to visit Chris' (Tutti Chic) blog, she has a link to Rachael Ashwells new blog! I was so thrilled, I think it all started when I first picked up a Shabby Chic book, I looked at all the scuffed beautiful architectural elements, white sofa,fluffy squishy pillows mixed with beautiful crystal chandeliers ,oil paintings of roses and knew thats what I loved ! I still have my book and bought her second. Ohh the cable show on style really did it for me.....watching Christie Repasy give a demonstration of her oil painted roses, thats when I knew I was going to paint roses ! When you think of it , all our blogs really were inspired of her style one way or another, wouldnt it be neat to have that type of influence on a huge number of people! I'm sure she is very humbled at the thought! I'll stop rambling on and on and here is our reigning Queen Rachael Ashwell's new blog! Good day to you all, Hugs, Kimberly

9 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love your table! The detail on the bottom is beautiful too. Have a nice weekend. Twyla

Decor To Adore said...

I have room in my house for this table. :)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I can never get enough of lokking at your blog.Its just beautiful here.I looked at your Marie Antoinette blog.I love it.I also love the shops.That is just to kool.Hugs Marie Antionette

kari and kijsa said...

What a beautiful table!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

My Pink Boutique said...

Beautiful table, Kimberly! You have a wonderful gift.

Hugs,
Kimberly :)

One Shabby Old House said...

How long have you been painting? Wow just beautiful. I keep thinking that there is a rose painting in me somewhere. How did you get started? Are there any books that you would recommend.
I just need to pick up that brush, right?
Becky

Cindy said...

That table is gorgeous!!! I love the soft colors!

Anonymous said...

You painted this picture freehand? Oh my its lovely. You are so talented. The colours are wonderful.
Thank you for sharing all your lovely work.
Judi

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh I LOve that! Its amazing.